..............................Persis is married!..............................

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Up up... and away?

There have been moments this week when it felt like I had found myself again. The meditative peace of BSF, the introspective moment in The Well, the incipient passion and belief that what I do matters, more importantly tackling it (the PhD, that is) boldly, bouncing all over the department offering pineapple tarts to professors and secretaries alike, chattering gaily to random strangers at the bus-stop/supermarket counter/Starbucks, striding confidently down Kingsway like a supermodel, investing time with friends I shouldn't have taken for granted when things were well, having an opinion, reading voraciously, doing crazy things like checking out 100 hotdogs at Tesco for storytelling night in church, making funny faces, wondering how to make better use of the place God has brought me to, jogging to Tesco...

I'm still not getting up in the mornings, but in my waking moments, it seems as if Spring is really here. The energy. The want. The love. The madness. O', I've missed me for so long.

But amidst this spiritual crescendo, there is still a fragility. I really don't want to crash again.

Anyways, just me putting some thoughts for the night into my pensieve.

No comments: