..............................Persis is married!..............................

Monday, March 27, 2006

Boys (edited)

"In the life of a trusting Christian, there are no accidents, only divine appointments."
~ Sheila, BSF
Sometimes, you need to hurt someone, so that you don't hurt him more.
I had the unhappy task of explaining to a suitor today why I couldn't in good conscience go out on a date with him knowing how he feels about me. Then I remembered A and became sad again. 藕断丝连. But, there are other reasons too, and we must do the right thing.
I felt distracted after that. But as the evening progressed, listening to God's word being preached at BSF, reading the notes over a glass of wine at The Well, thinking about things prayerfully on the long bus journey home, surrendering the situation and my heart's desires to God and asking His Holy Spirit to help me guard my heart - I think it's going to be OK. It will be OK, because all things happen for the good of those who love Him. And we pray everyday for His will to be done on earth as it in heaven. So it will be. I have absolute faith in God.
But I do like him very much. He makes me laugh.
In any case, after recent experience, I'm having a bit of a I Kissed Dating Goodbye debate in my own head at the moment. And until I figure that one out...
You know, it would be so much easier if I could just date one of my girlfriends. I would go out with any one of them in a blink.

No comments: