..............................Persis is married!..............................

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Ziploc woes

Orchids (golden showers, my favourite),
from rose (now orchid) boy


I cannot find good ziploc bags in London.

By "good", I mean bags that i) actually zip, and ii) don't leak. Waitrose just made a huge delivery to my house, and I was so looking forward to some potentially good ziploc bags at last. But nooooo. As we speak, a gazillion pieces of chicken are soaking in brine in a huge bag in the fridge, in prepraration for Homesick Texan's 'Great-Grandma Gibson's Fried Chicken' tomorrow. The first bag leaked (that's not good at all). The second one took me 5 minutes to zip. But at least it didn't leak. And, fearing that the flimsy material would give way, I put the bag with chicken and brine in a bowl, thus defeating the purpose of putting it in a bag in the first place. Am holding my breath until tomorrow, that said bag will not somehow give way and overflow the bowl (and fridge) with salty water. Thank you in advance to M, who is flying over from Singapore with some proper Ziploc(TM) bags for me.

On a brighter note, aren't my orchids pretty?

Randomly yours,

No comments: