..............................Persis is married!..............................

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Outbid!

Words written: 1,492. Distance run: 0. Currently reading: Harry Potter.


I don't believe it! My dream tea set, and I was outbid by some Turkish antique buyer by 3.24 seconds. 3.24 seconds! I tried putting in my maximum bid at the very very last minute, but was probably impatient and submitted it a microsecond too soon. And this previously unknown bidder sneaks in his/her bid just like that! I'd never seen him/her before. From his/her userid, I bet I'll be seeing this darling of a tea set listed on ebay again soon, but for a higher reserve.

Well, this is my first time bidding on ebay, so I guess it's a tactical lesson learned. The auction was all very exciting and I could feel the adrenaline pumping. However do you time your bid to the very last microsecond though?

1 comment:

shizukachan said...

haha. your potential teapots look very much like dolores umbridge's in hp. enjoy sing. when r you back? i guess we will not be meeting up for a while.