..............................Persis is married!..............................

Sunday, April 30, 2006

31st Birthday

Birthday orchids from Aa, who is in Tunisia at the moment

As I pen this, the clockhand passes the first 1 hr 14 mins of my 31st year. The first few minutes of said 31st year was spent reading aloud John 4:1-26 (am doing the reading in church tomorrow). Then replied to a coupla emails, showered, and now have hopped into bed to blog.
I had a nice long day to myself today - the first in a while and much appreciated. My ex-ex-boyfriend called this afternoon to wish me happy birthday in advance. Mummy just messaged. Childishly counting my birthday prezzies: a Chinese wooden comb from Ash, a 'girlfriends' compilation from mongchacha all the way from Beijing (am very very touched - my favs are Hwee's song and Siboney), a suede purse from best friend SZ which she carried all the way from Taiwan to Rome (how could you doubt I would love it?! Olive coloured leather is very "bourgeois", didn't you know?), pearl earrings from mummy & daddy (although they are still stuck in a UPS depot somewhere ulu), and a card from Aunty CP (ex-boyfriend's mum).
Girly lunch to celebrate tomorrow. Then church - fortuitously, I get to share God's word on my birthday. And I know someone out there is thinking of me.
Right now, I just feel very very blessed.

No comments: