..............................Persis is married!..............................

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Review: Rules

(my excuse for picture quality: taken with mobile)

Rules is London's oldest restaurant. You know that cos it's got a picture of Churchill (Winston) hanging over the door, by the rolling flames of the grand fireplace. It serves primarily game too. Interestingly, the warning on the menu says: Food might contain lead shot. I had been warned. I gamely (sorry) went for the hare with creamed brussel sprouts and chestnuts. Hare was a bit tough, but my lunch partner seemed to enjoy his pheasant very much. Altogether a very pleasant casual occasion restaurant. Attentive service and linen napkins and all. But I think, at the end of the day, the best thing I can say about it now is: I've eaten there!

Said hare

Shoeboxes I wrapped for Samaritan Purse's
annual shoebox christmas collection

My lovely orchids are blooming again.
The heat in my office is fantastic, like a greenhouse!

No comments: