..............................Persis is married!..............................

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Sleeping aids


I've been suffering from insomnia for the past coupla weeks. Mum suggested some sleeping aids. Now, it's been a long time since I've had Milo, or Ovaltine, or Horlicks. I remember loving Nestum as a kid, but I haven't seen that on British supermarket shelves. It's kinda like porridge, and I suspect it's different from Nesquick, which is available in the UK. Anyways, due to my memory lapse, I thought I would get my hands dirty as always and buy all three and find out which one I like! I'll always remember Julia Roberts doing that with eggs in Runaway Bridge, and I think it's a wonderful way of finding out what foods you like.

Anyways, my favourite bedtime drink is Horlicks, as it turns out. Some facts:
Horlicks - most malt, least sugar
Milo - least malt, most sugar, and there's cocoa (good for mornings!)
Ovaltine - in between the two in terms of malt and sugar content, and unfortunately, taste too

Incidentally, I got my hands dirty with English mustard and Dijon mustard today as well, and discovered that I actually prefer English mustard with my meat!. It's grittier and sharper... if you can get over its non-natural canary yellow colour. Hm.

No comments: