..............................Persis is married!..............................

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Eats: Pancakes all over the world

I have to confess: I'm not a big fan of pancakes in the morning, even Sunday mornings. But that does not mean I don't like dough in the morning. Crumpets, I love. Them cripsy crunchy "pancakes", slightly salted, with their pie-eyed holes and lopped with butter oozing out of their pores.
I found this interesting article about muffins, crumpets and pikelets and their different names across Britain (and across the Atlantic). English muffins are American pancakes (but with yeast). American muffins are English buns/smallcakes. "Dinner" in London is "tea" in the North etc. It's all very confusing.
Did I say? I love crumpets.

Wikipedia

Anyways, thought I'd put the name of a fantastic pancake mix I got. My batter never turns out with pleasing air holes blinking at me, so it's much easier using a mix. Maple syrup, my aunt in Canada brings me. Happening!


Clearly, the Boy's home.

1 comment:

Les said...

can't wait to cook with you!