..............................Persis is married!..............................

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Life is not a waiting game

Words written: 6,585. Distance run: 0 (it's been cold and rainy, is my excuse). Currently reading: After Dark (Haruki Murakami).

I've been having trouble sleeping and waking up in the morning these past two weeks since... There are days when I find myself waking up and staring at the ceiling for hours. I get the sense that I'm waiting, waiting for something to happen - for the phone to ring, for God do speak, something. But nothing happens. And it won't happen no matter how long I wait. Because life doesn't begin whenever whatever it is happens. Here and now, Jesus Christ is sufficient and complete. He is abundantly able to fill every thirst we have. That's the theory anyway, but sometimes I catch glimpses of its reality, and I wonder if I'm not just telling myself that. Often, I forget and lapse back into darkness. But it remains true. God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him (John Piper).

May we all catch the vision.

P.S. It's been cold and rainy since the weekend. Summer has departed and winter has taken its place.

3 comments:

orangeclouds said...

Amen. It's so true. Often we are just waiting - for the weekend, for the holidays, for someone to call, for recognition at work... Was just missing home and struggling a little with the whole long-distance relationship thing(feeling the burden of waiting for the next call/visit), so thanks for this reminder that we are sufficient in the here and now -- in Him.
Let's keep praying and committing our needs to the Lord.

persis said...

Make sure you set a regular time each week to talk - something to look forward to! Sending you a ((big hug)) from across the pond! persis xx

persis said...

oops, I meant from across the continent...