..............................Persis is married!..............................

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Relationship purgatory


I wanted to remember and celebrate what God had given us, but I didn't know how. Went to Lincoln's Inn Fields this afternoon - don't know why - with my umbrella and just sat behind the stone statue to pray for a while. And cry. There's been a lot of both since last night. Had lunch with a girlfriend. Then came into the office (took the morning off), but spent an hour editing this pic. We are both devastated, but held together by our common faith. I don't know what we can do except to continue to keep our eyes on Jesus. I know God has unfinished business with us. Nonetheless, I think we will grieve for a while, and continue to seek answers that are not there, maybe do some stupid things like edit photos of the two of us. I keep saying "we"; maybe it's just me. It was our 8th month anniversary yesterday. I don't think it's really hit me yet.

Thank you to those who have kept us in prayer throughout. We give thanks for answered prayer.

P.S. I love you, my brother. You came into my life at a time when I didn't think I could love again. You made me feel so beautiful. You believed in me deeply. You only always wanted the best for me. You loved me well indeed. I always wished I had the words to speak my heart to you. I can't think of any regrets, only good things. Thank you for being my gift from God. We have walked together in faith, from first to last. Even now, let us continue the race towards the prize God has set us in Christ Jesus.

Turn you eyes to Jesus.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers for you, my friend!

LG

orangeclouds said...

There are good ex-es and there are bad ex-es (like good witch/bad witch). We can give thanks that he was a good ex :)

the only thing i know now is that life is totally unpredictable. all bets are off as to how tomorrow may turn out. but we can trust that He holds our tomorrows in His hands, and that where old dreams are extinguished, He will replace them with new ones. Will continue to keep you in prayer.

persis said...

LG - thx.

Mongchacha - I like what you said about how all bets are off re tomorrow. Whether in joy or sorrow, I know with confidence that we walk in the path He has set from the beginning.