..............................Persis is married!..............................

Friday, May 25, 2007

Catching up

Money spent: roughly keeping to budget of 40 pounds per week. Calories burned: ran Hyde Park yesterday evening. Words written: 700 (one section). Currently reading: Isaiah + 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (Stephen Covey).

Looking forward to the weekend. Have been encouraged by Scripture and reminded to remember God. O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago (Isaiah 25:1). The Boy and I are still together. God has through events of the past two days reminded us of His centrality in our relationship. And, although it seems that He chooses to be silent in the face of our questions, it becomes obvious that He has in fact spoken. If you hear His voice today, to do harden your hearts as if in rebellion. Despite what has happened, I find myself giving thanks from the bottom of my heart that God is still real and present and speaking to us - He always has been throughout our relationship. And strangely, though it is pretty scary to contemplate, I look forward to the next journey we must take, even if the outcome could go either way - to seek and discover with clarity God's will for our future; to communicate to God our sincerity in wanting to obey Him, even at great cost to ourselves; to communicate to each other that God is the centre of our relationship, and that we love each other because He first loved us.

Frankly, I'm just glad it is The Boy I am walking with.

Anyways, it's not all doom and gloom over here. The Boy and I have also planned some grocery and other shopping this weekend, do some running practice in preparation for the race in July, catch up on our Bible reading, and other miscellaneous errands. We also have a big date on Saturday night, involving monkeys and such! What else? I plan to edit the pics from my USA trip and BLOG. hurrah! And there's this huge bag of ironing that has been left since I don't know when... sigh.

Weather's turning warm. Will need to clean my air cooler and keep my winter clothes soon.

Was doing my BSF homework (Romans 15) the other day, and one of the personal questions asked: What are the "priestly duties" that God has given you? hoo hah! What a tough question! Was reminded of the three things I believe in fundamentally. The more I wait on the Lord, the more excited about the third I get. After three years, I am beginning to realise that really, I am exactly where God wants me to be. As my PhD thesis develops, I often find it dovetailing with Scripture, and this makes me more confident about my future role. I've always been a thinker, and have always been rather political and zealous about issues of justice. I've always had a heart for the poor and needy, and wondering confusedly what kind of secular non-mission field that occupies. I really hope that my PhD thesis makes a difference, and that it will open the door to serving God in whatever small role He has planned for me long ago.

Woe to those who make unjust laws,
to those who issue oppressive decrees,
to deprive the poor of their rights
and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people,
making widows their prey
and robbing the fatherless
...
The sovereign Lord will wipe away the tears
from all faces;
He will remove the disgrace of his peoploe
from all the earth.
(Isaiah 10:1-2, 25:8)

That's all for now. Look out for USA and birthday pics next!

P.S. I swear I just saw a Brad Pitt lookalike walk past!

P.P.S. I thank God for giving us both Christ-loving and loving mothers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The thesis takes priority. Keep in mind the target and the deadline.The other things can come later.You cannot move on until you finish the thesis.Achieve what you set out to achieve. Be focussed.Be steadfast.You can do it.
U-know-who.

orangeclouds said...

Will keep you both in prayer. In the meantime, keep writing. Stay focused on the thesis. The rest the Lord will take care of.

persis said...

Anon: Yes, DAD.

Oclouds: Thank you. There's something magical about being connected through prayer, even though we are so far apart.