..............................Persis is married!..............................

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Weekend, posted Monday night

Lava cake
picture from stonewallkitchen
- unfortunately we were so eager to eat the cake I forgot to take any pics!
It's Sunday morning. I've just woken up and my entire body aches from basketball yesterday. Gee, the boys sure are committed to their game - defence defence! this is how you block! just throw the ball! *push* keep to your zone! (ok, I didn't think it was very gentlemanly to push me, but that was someone else from another team) At one point I did feel like crying, but I don't think that would have gone down very well with the men. So I decided instead to to kill myself on the court. And now my name is down for another b-ball session next weekend. Am I a total sucker for punishment or what? Oh golly...
Saturday evening. American boy invited me and my good girlfriend, M, for a wine and cheese evening - we were going to open the bottle of rosso I had given him from Rome. There were his mum's recipe for beef enchiladas, refried beans, homemade salsa - I was tres impressed! As a surprise, I whipped up a batch of lava cakes for pudding. The aim was just to have a relaxed and enjoyable evening - good food, good friends, good conversation, good wine - what more can you ask?
Oh, and my handbag got stolen. Gone, everything. Prada wallet with cash, credit cards, drivers licence, work ID, shopping cards etc., housekeys, office keys, Tiffany swiss army knife, Bible, Mont Blanc pen, Chanel lipstick in 'Downtown', Oyster card, notebook with 2 1/2 years worth of PhD notes, Creative Muvo Slim MP3 player... Gone, everything. Was surprisingly c'est la vie, to be honest (although pained at thought of losing PhD notes - all else can be replaced). Ah well, some things to give thanks for:
- the fact that I had miraculously put my mobile phone in my jeans pocket that night (I never do that!),
- friends who offered cash and shelter (lost my housekeys, remember?),
- the kind tube man at Oxford Circus who called the control room and my destination tube station so that I could ride home for free, and
- whoever's got my handbag also has my Bible now.
Gee, this is a somewhat boring post.

3 comments:

orangeclouds said...

OH NO!! Better get your locks changed n cancel all cards.

But yes, there's always a bright side, innit?

Thanks for your note. Glad you like the mix. Takiko Kato is the soprano who sings the voice of Bella on the Ghibli movie Porco Rosso, and the song is from the soundtrack. Find it quietly moving n strangely soothing even tho i have no idea what she is singing about (ask SZ to translate). Siboney is taken off the 2046 soundtrack.

Charmaine said...

Helloo can I get your email address? I can't seem to find it anywhere on your site!

Charm

persis said...

Hi Charm. Have activated show email... persis