..............................Persis is married!..............................

Monday, May 08, 2006

Singaporean Chicken Curry

what I had for lunch yesterday AND today...

American boy requested something authentically "Singaporean", so I cooked chicken curry with rice for Sunday lunch. Due to time constraints, I secretly opened a pack of curry paste. Hey! The only saving grace I would include is that I did lug it all the way from Singapore! Mum's home recipe will have to wait another day. Highly recommended for curry pastes is the brand, Brahmin, which can be found in most supermarkets in Singapore and, in London, I've seen it in Loon Fung supermarket (Gerrard Street, Chinatown / Alperton). This should be enhanced with a finely chopped onion and fresh red chillis, and optionally, fresh coriander. One can use coconut milk or, for a healthier alternative, fresh milk (add a few chopped fresh tomatoes for flavour).

Moreover, I had to compromise and substitute chicken pieces (skin, bones and all) with chicken fillets this time. hm.

No comments: