..............................Persis is married!..............................

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Almost home: Houston, TX

We still had to eat, right?

Swirl @ River Oaks Shopping Centre.
A new favourite hangout. Great yoghurt, healthy, opens late.
Take a tub, fill it with yoghurt/fruit/nuts/candy, weigh, pay (a lot).
We really should buy shares.

The Blue Nile, Ethiopian restaurant.
A cosmopolitan eye to Houston.
But really like any Ethiopian food I've had in London,
only because I'm not an expert.

The universal language of beer: Ethopian beer

Absolutely the best blinking migas in town
@ La Guadalupana

... so good we even have it at our lunch break

... that also serves the best guac (and tres leches) in town
(trust me, I've had A LOT of guac).
Chef Transitos Dias adds a Mexican herb in his guac, and his
tres leches has FIVE milks in it.

An old favourite: Reading our Bibles at The Tart Cafe (Montrose).
This is my oasis, my sanctuary, in Houston.
My favourite wi fi spot.

Lovingly hand cut fruits every morning - what a luxury!

My first football game.


My first hurricane experience:

Ok, so we skipped town before Hurricane Ike struck. In SA.
My favourite Krispy Kreme flavour -
I wish they didn't dress it up with all that sugar though.

Cactus! Another first.

The worst we came back to was a VERY smelly fridge.
The Boy cleaning the fridge.
Tip: At this level, forget the charcoal and soda bicarbonate.
Throw open your doors and windows and just AIR the dang thing.

No comments: