..............................Persis is married!..............................

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

In Texas

My apologies for being AWOL for so long. I've now completed The Big Move and my stuff - all 10 years' worth - is awaiting in storage in the UK for shipment to the USA. As you would have guessed, I've also completed The Thesis - all 5 years' worth. phew. It is now awaiting the go ahead from my advisor when he gets back from his summer vacation. Have now arrived in Houston, TX and am preparing to start on The Wedding and other fun stuff (like setting up wireless broadband - am currently "borrowing" my neighbour's to post this).

Am jetlagged, but have managed to do some cooking meanwhile. Found a fantastic Korean grocery store in Blalock, off the 610 loop (NW). haha. Looks like I'm finding my way around Houston. We did a mega food shop over the weekend - lots of leafy green vegetables and The Boy was especially thrilled to find a punnet of Driscoll strawberries for 99 cents! He also bought a rice cooker - hurrah! Will slowly check out the food scene here and report more. Already, am armed with a list of Singaporean/Malaysian restaurants to try out.

Sweet and sour pork is on the menu tonight - have posted the recipe here at last!

No comments: