..............................Persis is married!..............................

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Trying to get out of bed

10am. I open my eyes. Oh God, another new day. I shut my eyes close again. After failing to will myself out of bed for a few hours, ignoring one call and two smses inviting me to go out (and get out of bed), I reached for my laptop instead. And so that's what I'm doing right now, writing in bed with my laptop on my, well, lap.

A few reasons why I'm going to get out of bed after this:

- Because John Piper did not waste his cancer, and I've only had my heart broken for goodness sake.

- Because a woman older and wiser showed me how wonderful romance and love is, and also said this:

Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you:
Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.
~ Song of Songs

- Because that's just life. Things like this happen. It hurts, but it's nobody's fault. If we want to pray, then we should pray against a fallen world where things do not go perfectly as planned.

- Because God loves me.

...

Still, I wish I knew how to quit you.

No comments: